Baltic Exchange Freight Market Information - Conditions of Use
All Freight Market Information produced is copyright of Baltic Exchange Information Services Ltd.
If you do not subscribe to Baltic freight market information but receive it - regularly or occasionally - from another source (including other Baltic members) you shall NOT copy it or pass it on to any other organization or extract, re-distribute or re-utilise it in any form.
Level One and Level Three Freight Market Information
If you subscribe to level one information (daily fixture list and headline index numbers only - with re-distribution rights) or level three information (all Baltic freight market information - with re-distribution rights):
- You may use the information in your day-to-day business within your own Baltic member company.
- You may copy it and pass it on only to your customers for brokerage services after 1700 hrs London time on the date of publication and as long as you include the copyright notice which can be found at the end of this document and on our website www.balticexchange.com/copyright . You shall impose restrictions on your customers for brokerage services which prevent them from copying, re-distributing, extracting or re-utilising the information in any form.
- You shall NOT pass it on to any third parties other than your customers for brokerage services including but not limited to news agencies, journalists, publications, other exchanges and research organisations. You shall not display it on any public website.
- You may display it on a password protected area of your company website IF you have first obtained written permission from the Baltic Exchange.
- You shall not and shall not permit your customers for brokerage services to use the information:
(i) for creating any financial product or service which seeks to track or match the values (as to capital income or otherwise) or performance of all or any substantial part of the indices; and/or
(ii) for the purposes of market creation or operation, clearing, carrying on any business of settlement or for the creation of indices.
For the avoidance of doubt - whilst Baltic Exchange Market Information (The Data) may, with the Baltic Exchange's written permission, be displayed on a password protected website the following conditions apply:
- Employees of your company can view The Data immediately the Baltic Exchange publishes it.
- Customers for brokerage services of members companies may be given access to the website provided that:
- The username/password allocated to them only allows only one logged on session at a time;
- The Data is not made available, on the day of its publication, until after 1700 hrs London time and the site does not form part of a commercial service whether sustained through subscription, advertising or other means; and
- You impose restrictions on your customers for brokerage services which prevent them from copying or re-distributing the information in any form
- On request from the Baltic Exchange you must produce a list of clients who have been granted access to the The Data
Level Two and Subscriber Freight Market Information
If you subscribe to level two information (all Baltic freight market information - without re-distribution rights):
- You may use the information only in your day-to-day business within your own company.
- You shall NOT use it, copy, distribute, extract, or re-utilise it for any other purpose and in particular you shall NOT pass it on to your principals or clients or any third parties; display it on any website, circular or market report; or forward it to newsagencies, journalists, publications, exchanges or research organisations.
All information © Baltic Exchange Information Services Limited 2013.
The reported information is obtained from market sources. The Baltic Exchange cannot accept any responsibility for omissions and/or errors.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in this material and information are owned by Baltic Exchange Information Services Limited. Any form of copying, distribution, extraction or re-utilisation of this information by any means, whether electronic (including distribution by email or reproduction on a website) or otherwise, is expressly prohibited. Persons wishing to copy, distribute, extract or re-utilise information must obtain a licence from Baltic Exchange Information Services Limited.
All third party users of data produced by the Baltic do so at their own risk. The Baltic owes no duty of care or any other obligation to any party other than the contractual obligations which it owes to its direct contractual partners.