Looking for a new job in Shipping? Send us your CV or vacancies and we will place them in this section free of charge. Please send in the same format below.
- Trainee Charterer
Cargill Ocean Transportation is one of the largest shippers of bulk commodities in the world. We have developed a deep expertise in chartering, trading, logistics, operations and risk management. We are active across all dry market segments and many tanker markets, with a commodity base that spans the agricultural, industrial and energy industries.
The sustained growth of our Business Unit has been combined with a commitment to train and develop talented individuals from junior positions. This role, based in our City of London office offers a great opportunity to start a successful career in the fascinating world of maritime commerce. It's a fast paced environment, where you will need to learn quickly, think on your feet and take commercially astute decisions from the outset - but with the support of a small and experienced team around you.
You will learn how to:
- "Fix" vessels and cargoes
- Make voyage calculations using IMOS system
- Understand charter party terms for agreements
- Quote specific markets
- Understand the basic Macro Economic factors that might affect OT business
- Analyze the OT Micro market
- Comply with Screening and Credit policies
You will be expected from day one to be able to
- Prioritise and organize a demanding workload
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Build/maintain relationships internally and externally
- Understand (often complex) customer needs and provide appropriate, commercially viable, solutions
- Make informed decisions, based on your understanding of logistical constraints, and the factors which affect global commerce.
Location: King St, London, EC2V 8BB
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm Friday 22nd March 2013
Application Link –
Interviews (by telephone, then in person): April 2013
Salary: From £27k per annum, depending on experience (plus benefits)
• University degree (graduate or masters)
• Fluent in English
• A genuine interest and curiosity in shipping
• Basic IT skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral within the team and customers
• Self-motivation, initiative and determination.
• Organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a global team.
• Desire to learn and increase knowledge.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
• Attention to detail and adherence to Process
• Commercial awareness and customer focus
• Willingness to relocate to one of our global OT offices
• Negotiating skills
• Analytical skills
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Some knowledge and understanding of the shipping industry (technical and legal) and freight market.
Ship operations executive with a great passion for shipping and over 8 years of experience of working with handy size ships in Mediterranean region.Have experience in dry bulk ship and cargo brokerage, post-fixture, ship operations (Azov Sea, Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea), port agency.
Eager to continue ship operation/management career in a team of professionals with open-minded approach to shipping business, to gain new experience and deeper understanding of shipping business.
Currently completing professional qualification program at the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers. Fluently speak English, Italian, Russian. I am loyal, trusthworthy, hardworking, easily learning, able to work under pressure.
CV and references available upon request
t : +380676208232
e : email@example.com
18 February 2013
Multi-lingual Graduate with international upbringing. Business experience in emerging economies. Strong ability to develop and maintain business relationships. Seeking a career in shipbroking.
Currently studying for an advanced diploma from the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers. Would like to combine these studies with work experience in an international shipbroker, preferably within Dry Cargo Chartering/Tanker Chartering/ S&P.
Interest in international trade combined with language skills in French and Chinese have enabled me to work for PwC in China and Europe. More recently, based in Shanghai, I was responsible for researching the Chinese market for the online ticket market place Viagogo.
CV and Cover Letter available on request.
Degree: University of Manchester - BA (Hons) Modern Language and Business & Management (Chinese) - 2:1 with Honours
e : firstname.lastname@example.org
m : 07780628323
9 January 2013
Mrs. Lee Piejus
Having spent last 17 years as Office Manager for London based shipbroker, Harley Mullion (including own sales 1 x LPG and 2 X Chemical Tankers) and prior to that a) 4+ years with an Oil Major in a procurement role, b) Facilities Management c) PA etc. am now seeking a new challenging/rewarding opening.
I have wealth of experience to offer, am fully conversant with many software packages, Banking & Treasury/Bookkeeping - am loyal, trusthworthy, hardworking, a great multi-tasker and available to start on an immediate basis. Full cv and references readily available.
You can contact me as follows:
By phone: 07827 931322
By email: email@example.com
13 December 2012